We are finishing a fast paced week in Tallahassee and thanks to your phone calls and e-mails we were successful in advancing many pro-liberty bills. We sent you a lot of alerts this week and we asked a lot of you, but please know your hard work paid off.
We are in that time in the Session where things happen fast. Unfortunately, there is only a 48-hour notice of bills being added to a Committee agenda. We get these “take action” alerts out to you as soon as the bill is scheduled on a committee agenda. We know this seems like very short notice, but that is the reality of how things work in Tallahassee. We are moving the agenda in Tallahassee and they are hearing us, we want liberty first!
Here are the results of your efforts this week:
- HB 1075 (State Lands) was added to Agriculture & Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee agenda for February 2nd, 2016 at 3:00 PM.
- HB 163 (Open Carry) passed the House Judiciary Committee 12-4 on Thursday January 28th, 2016 and could be voted on the House Floor next week.
- HM 417 (Congressional Term Limits) passed by the House on January 26th, 2016 and is now in Senate Messages
- SJR 942 (Election of Commissioner of Education) was added to the Senate Ethics and Elections Committee agenda for February 2nd, 2016 at 4:00 PM.
- HB 37 (Direct Health Care Agreements) passed the House Health and Human Services Committee 14-0 on Wednesday January 27th, 2016.
- SB 132 (Direct Health Care Agreements) was added to the Senate Health Policy Committee for Monday February 1st, 2016 at 1:00 PM
- SB 1044 (Asset Forfeiture) passed Criminal Justice Committee 4-1 on Monday January 25, 2016.
It is our goal to keep you informed in real time and give you as much information you need to easily take action. As we have said before, John Hallman and our lobbying team in Tallahassee are much more effective when you make the calls and e-mails to legislative offices. I hope you are keeping up with pro-liberty bills on our “Legislative Ticker”.
We created our “Legislative Ticker” to make it easy for you to track bills, get up to speed on the meaning of the bills, which committee they are currently in and how to easily “take action”. as you can see, we are making some great advances this session, but now is not the time to let up. With our lobbying team in Tallahassee and all of your calls and e-mails, makes us a Liberty Team that the politicians cannot ignore.
It takes considerable time, talent, and treasure to monitor every bill and every committee revision to ensure that you have all the tools you need to be effective. It is equally important that we have boots on the ground in Tallahassee making sure the politicians are reminded daily to do the right thing. This is why it is so important that John Hallman and our lobbying team have the funds needed to travel up there and commit the time to be there. Please consider making a donation today and help us continue to send our team to Tallahassee. We are never complacent, we continue to look for more ways to give you even better tools to be effective in taking action.
Will you continue to help us shake up the Tallahassee politicians and help move our Liberty agenda forward? Thank you for all you do and partnering with us, you are the people that make it possible for us to do what we do.