The Florida Legislature passes laws that will impact your daily life. Much of this legislation will limit your economic freedom and your personal liberty. Corporate and special interest groups have hundreds of lobbyists, and are spending millions of dollars to influence the politicians. Those lobbyists don’t stand for liberty. Those lobbyists don’t represent you.
Isn’t it time that those that believe in limited government and individual freedom had their own lobbyist in Tallahassee?
The Liberty First Network is fighting for liberty, and countering the special interests in Tallahassee working against you. We have liberty lobbyist in Tallahassee representing you in numerous committee meetings on issues to protect and advance liberty;
- Protect Private Property
- Protect our Second Amendment Rights
- Stopping Common Core
- Banning Red Light Cameras
Our lobbyist meet with legislators to limit the damage from over-regulation, and we’ve written proactive legislation on Campaign Finance Reform and repealing Regional Planning Councils.
Liberty First Network lobbyist are more effective when legislators hear from you, that is why we send you timely e-mail alerts to give you the information needed to make effective phone calls and e-mails.
It is crucial during the legislative process that activists know exactly what each bill means and that requires a thorough examination of each bill. We provide up-to-the-minute legislative alerts to keep activists informed and ready to take action, including;
- Bill Summaries
- Bill Sponsors
- Staff Analysis
- Legislator and Committee profiles
With your help we took on the “special interest” and we had significant victories!
- NO Medicaid expansion.
- LESS funding for Florida Forever (Trust Fund for purchasing “Conservation” land)
- NO Funding for Governor’s Quick Action Closing Fund (A program that allows the Governor to grant millions of dollars to well-connected Corporations)
- Repealing regulations
This is success we will build for next session. The bottom line is because of your hard work we are moving the agenda in Tallahassee and they are hearing us, “we want liberty first”!
We made some great advances this past session, but now is not the time to let up.
When the session ends we do not rest, we are working hard on legislative surveys and scorecards to make sure that you have the information you need to make a good decision on who to vote for on election day.
The offseason is also when we travel the state conducting activist schools to give you the best training to be the most effective in pressuring legislators and understanding the legislative process.
Our training centered around two main power-point presentations;
- Navigating the legislative process. This presentation trains activists on how bills move through the legislature, including committees, amendments, and how to track bills.
- What Politicians don’t want you to know and how to effectively influence Policy. This presentation teaches what motivates politicians, why they govern the way they do and how we have to change the way we deal with politicians.
But we can’t do it without your help.
We are your voice in Tallahassee. We are fighting for the issues that matter to you and your family. We are arming you with the information you need on pending legislation and on voting records, so that you can make informed decisions.
The Liberty First Network
John Hallman, Danielle Alexandre ~ Lobbyists
Theile Riordan ~ Marketing/Engagement
Alex Snitker ~ President